"Remember as far as anyone knows, we're a nice normal family- Homer Simpson

Thursday, October 27, 2011

And than she was ONE!

Happy birthday my sweet little pumpkin nose!  I cannot express just how crazy fast this year has gone,  Elliotte went from being able to just sleep and poop, to being able to walk, point to dogs and fans, go to the bathtub and crib on command and put dangerous objects in her mouth!  My confidence as a mother has grown ten fold, mainly because I was able to keep alive a totally helpless newborn and now rambunctious one year old.  I feel like I have learned how to be less selfish, and that love for my daughter grows with each passing moment..  She has brought Josh and I closer and made me marvel at God in ways a never thought possible.  She is a gift, and I am so thankful that God choose me to be her mama.




Elliotte can now....
Walk
take off her shirt in the middle of the night
point to things she wants (or doesn't want)
eat things off the floor
kiss (really just slobber on your check)
Hug
Slap you when she doesn't want something (we are working on this)
laugh at silly dancing by her mama and dada
smile when I or dada walk in the room
smile when we say No
run from you when you say no
share when you ask to see what she is holding as long as you give it back ASAP
go to the crib, tub and highchair on command/when she feels like listening
drop cell phones in the dog's water dish
pull random objects into her crib that are within reach when she should be sleeping (i.e. picture frames)
poop in the tub
reach for me when she is hurt or tired
share food with the dog
make my heart swell with joy

Today is her true birthday but this weekend we are really going to party!  All of her grandparents are coming to meet us in OKC to give this party girl a proper one year old party!!!  Elliotte cannot wait to see them and wants to thank everyone who has contributed to her first year of life's survival!  (grandmas)




1 comment:

  1. I seriously love your blog! You are such a fun, honest and loving mother!!! Thanks for sharing your struggles and joys! Elliotte is just precious..and lucky to have such great parents :)

    ReplyDelete